Monday 1 October 2012

Junk Journalling with the Kiddies

So much fun! Today I was really lucky to spend an afternoon with my favourite kiddlywinks getting messy!  Kids are so inspiring, they have such a carefree way of creating art and the results they create are joyous and happy - just like them!


I started out by prepping some catalogues (the ones that always end up as junk mail) by glueing 2 - 3 pages together and  taping with masking tape down the spine and edges. I then coated the pages and covers in gesso to give a non-porous surface to work on. 


Then off we went - the fun started! I pulled out all of my art supplies, plus a big box of other 'junk' such as material scraps, cotton, corks, egg cartons and other bits and pieces.


Here's some of their finished work - they are so inspiring! - can't wait to do it again - thanks for the fun!!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love these kids!!

SooKee said...

I love looking at this blog, it is so bright and colourful and so full of fun. It makes me smile and smiling makes me happy inside.. Thank you Vonnie May

Gosh even the kids are better than me..