Thursday 11 October 2012

Catch up with Daughter No 2 - Work and Play

I'm in Melbourne for a few days at at conference for work and as luck has it that's where my other daughter Jodie lives. It was great to see her - albeit briefly. We had a lovely meal at Mr Hive where she is the Sous Chef - she is such a creative little thing - the food she creates is fantastic - just like works of art.

Melbourne is a great city, lots of funky things to see and do. After putting in the hard yards of presenting at the conference, my mate Fed and I decided to clear our heads and went for a walk around the city. Here are a few snaps of our time in Melbourne (apparently the world's most liveable city - as all the Melbanians kept reminding us!)


Hard at work



The iconic Flinders Street Railway Station

This mosaic was on the wall at Flinders Street Station - amazing!

I was tempted!


This was one of the laneways in Melbourne where you can find bits of art hidden - like the one below.


I tried to talk Fed into going in here for a haircut -
but he wouldn't have it!  

Artwork on the walls at Southbank shopping centre.

Cool!


The Yarra River



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the conferences presentation, VonnieMay :-) And your photos are lovely as always. I especaillys like the one of the orange vespa, having never seen one that colour before.. Vxo