Friday 26 October 2012

The fashionable mind



This journal page was inspired by a quote by Kennedy Fraser;
"I haven't got a thing to wear does not, of course, mean that we must resort to nakedness or seclusion; it means that our wardrobes contain nothing that might match our mood or offer a just reflection of our current lives". He also states that "Clothes have a life that is quite independent of their shape and colour". I find this is so true. My mood can change depending on what I wear - it amazes me how I can be influenced by this!

I thought to go along with this quote I would 'undress' my journal page and show you the progression I went through to get to the finished page. What do you think - are you willing to listen to the tale that the threads of your life have woven?

I stamped all over the page in my journal.

Applied some acrylic paint with a credit card.

Cut out flowers from magazines.

Selected my 'model' from a magazine.

Tore up bits of an old book and applied with gel medium

Found more bits to add, the hair is actually curtains from a magazine.






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! VonnieMay, your collages are becoming more and more amazing with every one you post. I especially like the curtains for hair and the dress made up of bits of old book! Have you now become the mad old lady to collects every scrap of paper and fabric? Bet you have.. :-) Vxo

Unknown said...

Yep you are right V, I have become the ultimate recycler!

Unknown said...

Amazing collage work. So creative and rich with layer, color and texture. Thank you so much for sharing your process.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jessica - it was a fun page to do.

Eileen said...

so cool the technique you used for the dress...love it...thits is a terrific page...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you Eileen, the mellow pages from old books are lovely to use.

Unknown said...

wonderful colours and style

Unknown said...

Love the curtains for hair I'd never have guessed that was what it was.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment Mary - glad you like my 'curtains'!