Friday, 26 October 2012

The fashionable mind



This journal page was inspired by a quote by Kennedy Fraser;
"I haven't got a thing to wear does not, of course, mean that we must resort to nakedness or seclusion; it means that our wardrobes contain nothing that might match our mood or offer a just reflection of our current lives". He also states that "Clothes have a life that is quite independent of their shape and colour". I find this is so true. My mood can change depending on what I wear - it amazes me how I can be influenced by this!

I thought to go along with this quote I would 'undress' my journal page and show you the progression I went through to get to the finished page. What do you think - are you willing to listen to the tale that the threads of your life have woven?

I stamped all over the page in my journal.

Applied some acrylic paint with a credit card.

Cut out flowers from magazines.

Selected my 'model' from a magazine.

Tore up bits of an old book and applied with gel medium

Found more bits to add, the hair is actually curtains from a magazine.






Post a Comment