Sunday 7 April 2013

Weekend catch up - Art Cards Swap, Ebay and Apartments!

We have had a very productive and busy weekend, with a bit of mixture of things going on.

First of all - I received two art cards in the mail - Yaaaay!!! They are beautiful, one from Janet in the US and another one from Yvonne in Sweden. So exciting to find these beauties in my mailbox.



Project Downsize - We have decided after 34 years in the same house it is time to downsize and look at moving into an apartment closer to the city. The idea is still in its infancy, but we went and had a look at a few apartments - and the reality hit us - where are we going to put all our stuff!!

Hence, I became friends with ebay and freecycle this weekend.

We have started to sort into boxes - ebay, freecycle, throw away (we really don't like this category very much), give away, and things that we want to keep.

Here is the potential ebay stuff - lots of dishes, crystal, and wedding presents (34 years ago!!!!) etc that we just need to let go of.




It's going to be a long, slow process - but at least we have made a start!  I have already sold some quilting fabric on ebay, so things are looking promising. I'll keep you posted on 'Project Downsize'

Hope you have had a great weekend!

Till next time.
VonnieMay

2 comments:

Janet said...

Thanks for showing the postcards. I'm glad you like the one I sent.

Downsizing is something I've thought about doing but haven't got the nerve to start it yet. Good luck with yours.

Unknown said...

Thanks Janet -I really love your card! Project Downsize is a bit scary - but we will attack it room by room!