Sunday 17 March 2013

So far so good..............

Well I've done it - finished my art postcards ready to send out. I had so much fun creating these - they  allowed lots of freedom to try out different techniques and use different materials.

To support the sustainability theme, I used old Christmas Cards for my postcards and cut them down to size.

Here is a bit of a step by step process I used.




Applied a coat of Gesso

I drew one of these lovely ladies, then photocopied her onto water colour paper, so I had a few to use on different cards

I used watercolour pencils to add a bit of life



I did get into a bit of a mess - but that's part of the fun!

My finished cards - can't show them to you all as yet - it would spoil the surprise for those receiving them - but I will in a future post.

OK - so now I am off for a run - really, I am! 




6 comments:

iHanna said...

Oh how fun that you're sharing your process, thanks Yvonne. From the small details you let us see I think they are fab!

Thanks for joining the swap!

Anonymous said...

Vonniemay! Well done! They all look absolutely brilliant. You are so clever. Vallie xoxo

Madde said...

Great re-use, like that. Colourful and fresh :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Madde - it was great fun creating the cards - can't wait to receive some.

Tanja said...

They look lovely and I do recognize what you say about the freedom to try out different techniques and use different materials. So much fun.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tanja - It was great fun!